6 Nov 2008

Budda Beach, Puerto Banus

My trip to Spain is coming to an end and it has been a huge success although I have had some downs with all the ups. Playing live in Spain has been tricky as most of the music expected by the crowds is best suited to cover bands so I spent a lot of time learning other peoples music to make some money along the way just to stay alive. One of the highlights of the trip was playing at Buddha Beach, Ian Radfords new club in Marbella. The boys from Plush sliced the gig and in I went to play my stuff.

If you take the time to watch the video above you will notice that the awesome DJ Wes Ridgeway is in the audience, and the Pope himeslf blessed the audience at the end of the performance. I really enjoyed the gig and it was here that I met the talented Nina K, someone who I hope to work with more in the future.

I also played in Estapona, Le Calla, Alhourin el Grande, Fuengirola and other magic areas on the coast and in the hills. I always feel that the greatest enjoyment came when I was playing to or with people in the rooms, and those relationships in the rooms seem to remain strong and real no matter which part of the world I am travelling to.

I am a very lucky human being to do the job I do. And as I sit in bed writing this blog my two children are asleep next to me. Without their unconditional love I do not think I would have got through the past 5 years. I am now in a very strong position to make the correct decisions regarding my life.

Of course I am completely powerless over the direction of my life, I can only focus on the day at hand and let the universe dictate my destiny. There was a time in my life when all I wanted was fame and fortune. It is only now that I can recognise that outside concerns only make me happy for a very short period of time and my true happiness is dictated by inner peace and the connection I have with other people.

Relationships are the key to prosperity. And true wealth can only be measured by my own feeling of serenity.

I wish you all well. And I wish all my friends, old and new, happiness for the future.

To end this blog I would like to thank Marco for all the work He and I have done together. Not only has it been very productive, it has also been a hell of a lot of fun. Thanks pal you are most certainly a Fruitcake.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow will be the day your stay here in Spain has come to an end and I must say, it will really be strange knowing your not next door, it will be strange for Ace, who will probably be sitting at the door the next few days waiting for you to pick him up for a run through the forrest. I am sure he is gonna miss you to

I can still clearly remember the first time we met, how we talked about making that video, the ideas that we had, the fun, even before making it and finally the creation of it "Starstruck". I must say, for my first music video ever, I was really proud of it and it was my pleasure to make it for you David. Same goes for the others, lol, "Kickstart" hehe we really never finished it, but the idea is there and all to be watched on Youtube.

Yeah buddy, I will miss you, but I know we will see each other again cause if its not only for me that you have to come back to Spain, Thank God you have also 2 kids to come back to, so I am sure this is not the end, surely not for you, I do believe that France will be another challenge for you to cross and if you managed to live next door to, 2 Sex, Drugs and Rock&Roll people, I am 100% sure France will be a piece of cake lol

Adieu mon ami, until we meet again!

Let me end this post with the famous words; "God Bless" !

Anonymous said...

Its been a pleasure to spend time with you and the children this year and we are all going to miss you and all your talents....I love hearing the sound of you strumming on your guitar when the mood takes you, our little community will surely miss your amazing vocals filling our beautiful gardens - suppose I´ll just have to put my headphones on when Marco starts singing! - how I wished before you left you´d have given him a lesson or two!

Im sure you´ll have an amazing time in France and your talents will certainly not go unnoticed, make sure you keep in touch and let us know how its all going please!

I also know that you won´t get a full English breakie quiet as good as mine in France, so if you want to join us tomorrow morning at around 10.30ish for you last supper you are more than welcome, and would be my pleasure to give you a proper egg and bacon send off.

You do deserve some kind of medal to have lived next door to us and not fallen off the wagon, im so proud of you, it must have been tough and stressful at times, but your more than strong enough to and I know the keep yourself away from trouble and the love from your children and your beliefs certainly sees you through those bad times.

Bon Voyage my friend!

Love Julie xxx

CowboyHolandes said...

I was sitting on my terrace and heard a guitar play and a voice sing, and thought it was a radio. On one hand for being that good in quality and for the volume.
As I also was very impressed by the lyrics - I thought they were written with me in mind - I tried to find this radio.
The 'radio' I found was you, singing and playing Starstruck.
It was, is and will be my favourite, allthough all the other songs you wrote and are writing, will always go to the heart of the ones that really take the time to listen and hear what you are saying.

You have grown to be very strong in all aspects that you were fearing only a few months ago, so I am very confident that your road will be revealed day by day, but ... YOU must make the steps to walk on it.

I surely hope we will see you back here, but . . .
don't think that Chamonix is that far away.
¡¡¡ We will be there !!!

Always your friend,
Hans