27 Sept 2008

A rainy day in spain

I have never experienced the rain in Spain before so today was a first for me and boy did the heavens open. I must say that I prefer the sunshine and that was one of the reasons for me coming to Spain along with the added advantage of both my children living here. During my travels South Africa provded me with the rays I so desperately needed, living and playing in London as I did for many years did mean that the rain dominated my life and the lives of every Londoner getting from A to B and we all know how miserable London can be in the rain.

I am off now to play live at Bar Suenos in Estepona which is a port at the end of the Costa Del Sol and about a 45 min drive from where I am staying. I currently rent the billet of Kathryn and Kevin in Alhaurin el Grande. They are great people and I am very happy here, it has turned out to be a great base, and allows me easy access to the coast and the hills for local shows, with talk of playing in Malaga sooner rather than latter.

Kevin unfortunately is a Liverpool fan however I have the humility to overlook this slight discretion. Being a West Ham fan myself I know what it is like to want some success, and Liverpool are still miles away from winning the Premiership it is crazy, especially after spending 19 million on that plonker Robbie Keane however the exit of so many mid quality strikers has left Spurs rooted at the bottom of the Premiership which always brings a smile to my face.

The website (www.davidpatrickcarter.com) has seen some activity with a lot of people logging on and buying music through Nimbit. My next step is to revamp Myspace and then start an online marketing campaign. Right now I have the ability to tap into the expertise of many young professionals in the area who have become close friends of mine and they are very kind with their time and knowledge.

I am actually getting very excited about flying back to London in 6 weeks time and I am booking a whole series of gigs for a 3 week period before I move on to another exotic destination. The highlight of London is going to be playing at the Borderline, Charing Cross Rd in London, on Nov 13th and by all accounts ticket sales are going bloody quickly. I am supporting a South African artist on her wolrd tour and she name is Cofield. I played with her in Pretoria at the Blues Room and she was great, some awesome tunes, and she is promoting her brand new album. Here is some info and I look forward to seeing you in London if you are based there, don´t forget to book early:

Cofield has performed in the US, UK and has done various key performances in South Africa from the Nelson Mandela 46664 concert in George through to the 94.7 Highveld Sunday Sessions; Woodstock and the Kirstenbosch Appletiser outdoor and indoor concerts.

Self-penned singer-songwriter Cofield Mundi recently licenced her second album The Big Question to Sony BMG, South Africa. Cofield’s distinctive voice, prolific songwriting talent and the commercial value of her songs is evident in her achievements.

1 Nominated by the US Grammy Academy as an entry for the 49th Annual Grammy awards 2007 in the category of
Best Female Pop Vocal Performance alongside Madonna, Jessica Simpson, Nelly Furtado and more of the world’s largest pop talents.
2 Selected from 100,000 people worldwide to perform at the prestigious CMJ New York Music Festival in November 2006
alongside bands such as The Cardigans.
3 Nominated for Best Pop Album at the SAMA’s 2004 for her debut album, Ceremony.
4 Five singles from her debut album Ceremony on AC radio (5fm, Highveld, Jacaranda, KFM, OFM, East Coast, Algoa)
and campus stations countrywide namely, “River”, “Count me out”, “Shine”, “Give it up” and “Trust yourself”.
5 Extensive airplay on US radio with the single, “Count me out”, Selected as most requested song of the year on WBER,
New York 2006.

No comments: