1 Oct 2008

Funny that sometimes the smaller gigs are the best

On Monday night i went down to Bar Zeppellin in Alhaurin el Grande to play a short acoustic set... and I like this bar it has got character and a bit of a vibe. I must admit through all the time I have been playing in Spain up until this point I had always struggled to find a bit of soul out there, however on Monday night I got it... I do not have a large set up, my Martin D19 went straight into my AER 60 Amp, and then my vocal goes along side the guitar into another channel. The whole set up take 5 mins to complete and the sound is crystal clear. The music on Monday night rocked... I was sweating not because I had to concentrate so much but because I was enjoying myself so much, and it made me remember why I am playing. On Saturday night I got paid a lot more money however it was an awful gig with no vibe what so ever, and I much prefer playing to the Spanish people rather than the English on the coast, they are so much more responsive... I like the Spaniards! I like the English as well man, however I am not too keen on cocaine, and there is lots of it on the coast...

No comments: